Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ei Compendex is the broadest and most complete engineering literature database available in the world. Use Ei Compendex to find answers to the following questions, and more:
- Where and how can apply the idea or knowledge I have?
- What is a technical approach I should take to be ahead of competition?
- Which materials and methods should I use and why?
Within Ei Compendex, you can search across the following content:
- >28M records and growing (1884-to date), from:
- Scholarly journals
- Conference proceedings
- Now make up 41% of all content (compared to 35% back in 2009)
- Book chapters/book series
- Standards, sourced directly from Standards Development Organizations, including:
- Trade magazines
- Preprints (in development)
- >1.78M records from Ei Backfile
- 1.5M records added annually
- Full-text linking via DOIs
- ~190 engineering subject areas
- 2,269 publishers from 76 countries
Compendex abstracting & indexing process
- Thesaurus-based indexing (since 1884), updated annually
- Controlled vocabulary designed and maintained by subject matter experts
- Domain-specific vocabulary used in indexing
- Chemical & numerical data indexing
- Subject-specific Indexing:
- Delivers high precision & recall
- Saves time
- Resolves spelling variations/acronyms
- Account for synonyms & homographs
Updated chart format
Discover downloadable visualizations with clickable bar and pie charts from the 'Refine' results sidebar.